The 2014 Madison Shamrock Shuffle 5K/10K run and 2 mile walk will take place on Sunday, March 16th, 2014 beginning at 10:00AM on Madison's famous State Street pedestrian mall. You can register online or by mail. Registration is open online until Wednesday 3/13 at 1:00AM.
All participants are encouraged to download our "Runner Info Packet". We try to handle all questions as well as hand out some tips for a fun and safe race! Click Here to download the .pdf format.
The 5K, 10K & 2 Mile walk are scheduled to run every year around St. Patrick's Day, coordinating with The Madison St. Patrick's Day Parade and other events coordinated to celebrate this yearly ritual.
Money from the race is donated to the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County. To date, hundreds of thousands of dollars have been donated by The Madison Shamrock Shuffle's proceeds.
The race begins on Madison's famous pedestrian mall State Street. The courses take runners and walkers through some of the best parts of Madison including the University of Wisconsin campus and the downtown area.
Schedule of Events:
Sunday, March 16th 8AM-9:45AM: Packet Pickup at The Overture Center
Sunday, March 16th 10:00AM: Race Starts
Sunday, March 16th 12Noon: Course Closes
There will be post race party at State Street Brats with food & drink!
Important Information about the 2014 Madison Shamrock Shuffle:
- The race is capped at 5,000 runners. When we reach that number, we will no longer take any more entries.
- Strollers are allowed. Please line up at the starting line on the sides and towards the back. No dogs (or any other animal, for that matter) are allowed on the course. It's not because we don't like your dog, it's because insurance guys get cagey about it.
- You can walk the 5K/10K if you wish, but keep in mind that the course is completely shut down at 12Noon.
- A week leading up to the race, we like to put together a Madison Shamrock Shuffle Runner Info Packet that helps you know all you need to know. Check back and we'll make it available on this page of our site.
- We have laid out our courses and they are under the city's/university's review process. You can view them here by clicking on the link: 5K Course, 10K Course and 2 Mile Walk.